These delicious flatbreads are perfect teamed up with fresh Turkish dips (try the Turkish Eggplant Dip, Turkish Beetroot Dip or Turkish Carrot Dip from The Celebrations Issue), but we really love them topped generously with doner kebab meat and salad. Nothing beats fresh homemade bread.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The end product was a tasty flatbread. They are easy to make with a light taste. Great for an accompaniment. I could imagine they would also work really well with some fennel seeds, or garlic or rosemary." - Kristen
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 25-30 minutes
Can be frozen
- plain flour - 450g, plus extra for dusting
- yeast - 2 tsp, dry instant
- olive oil - 50g, plus extra for greasing
- water - 300g, lukewarm
- sea salt - 2 tsp
- Add the plain flour (450g), yeast (2 tsp), oil (50g), water (300g) and salt (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 4 seconds.
- Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Move the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with clingfilm. Leave to rise for an hour.
- Divide the dough into 10 balls.
- Dust the bench with flour. Roll each dough ball out into a thin circle.
- Warm a nonstick frying pan over medium to high heat. Once warm, place a dough circle in the pan.
- Once it starts to bubble, flip it over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Place the flatbread onto a plate and keep warm with a tea towel.
- Repeat for the rest of the dough.