Turkey is a great variation from traditional chicken burgers for your American BBQ. Make it a bit fancier by combining your turkey burger patty with a sourdough bun, lots of rocket leaves, camembert cheese and some cranberry sauce. If turkey is hard to come by, you can use chicken breast in lieu.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A delicious and incredibly simple burger patty to make which is full of flavour. Not much needs to be added to this burger - we just had it with cheese, salad leaves, mayonnaise and beetroot relish and were really impressed." - Alana
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 1 hour chilling time
Cooking Time 12 minutes
Makes 5 (can be doubled)
Can be frozen pre or post cooking
- turkey mince - 500g
- breadcrumbs - 50g (*can use GF)
- egg - 1
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp, dried
- chilli flakes - 1/2 - 1 tsp, dried, to taste
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- fresh tarragon - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- oil - of choice
- Place turkey mince (500g), breadcrumbs (50g), egg (1), onion flakes (1 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 tsp), chilli flakes (1/2 - 1 tsp), parsley (2 Tbsp) and tarragon (2 Tbsp) in the bowl. Combine Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Shape into 5 patties. Place patties onto a plate, cover with clingfilm and chill for 2 hours before grilling.
- Fire up the BBQ to a medium high heat. Brush each patty with a little oil.
- Place onto the BBQ plate, cook for 6 minutes and then flip over and cook the other side for another 4-6 minutes. Ensure they are cooked through before consuming.
- Serve with crusty bread rolls and salad of choice.