Tuna Vol au Vents
Vol au Vents... What an '80s kinda meal! These are so easy to whip up and have alongside salad. They may just become part of your weekly menu! As an alternative, this tuna sauce is delicious stirred through pasta as well. If you would prefer a vegetarian option, use the base of the sauce from Step 3 but replace the tuna with your favourite vegetables.
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Sauce can be frozen
- vol au vent cases - 8, large, buy premade or make your own (*check ingredients)
- milk - 400g
- butter - 50g
- plain flour - 50g
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- nutmeg - pinch
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- tuna - 425g
- corn - 1, on the cob, kernels only
- fresh chives - 1 Tbsp, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray, and place cases onto paper.
- Add milk (400g), butter (50g), flour (50g), garlic (1 tsp), onion (1 Tbsp), nutmeg (pinch) and parsley (1 Tbsp) to bowl. Program 9 minutes / 90C / Speed 4.
- Add drained tuna (from 425g tin) and corn. Stirring Speed / 30 seconds.
- Spoon mixture into vol au vent cases.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until corn and cases are warmed through.
- Serve with salad or steamed vegetables.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites