Tuna Salad on Baguettes
These yummy tuna salad baguettes, fit for a cafe, have been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra from her new book Quick Dinners. They have a combo of healthy fats, nutritious greens, carbs and protein so they are perfect for a one handed lunch! If you need a gluten free option, serve the tuna salad on gluten free bread, or with a salad.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An easy recipe that delivers a nice tuna salad. The lemon juice and peppery taste of the watercress pimp up this tuna salad nicely." - Jeroen
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- spring onions - 2, ends trimmed and halved
- egg yolk - 1
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- mustard - 1 Tbsp, wholegrain
- salt - 1 tsp
- grapeseed oil - 120g
- tuna - 400g, canned, in oil
- celery - 2, in sticks, thinly sliced
- baguettes - 2 long, cut into thirds and halved lengthways
- watercress - to serve
- Place spring onions (2) in bowl and chop for Speed 6 / 3 seconds.
- Add egg yolk (1), lemon juice (1/2) mustard (1 Tbsp) and salt (1 tsp) and mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- With blades running on Speed 4, slowly drizzle grapeseed oil (120g) through hole in lid. Continue to emulsify for 1 minute / Speed 4.
- Add tuna including oil (400g) and celery (2), mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds or until combined.
- Slice the baguettes in half, divide mixture between baguettes, top with watercress and serve. If you are eating at work, consider making the tuna mix at home, transporting in an airtight container and buying a fresh baguette with which to assemble.