Tuna Mornay always reminds me of my childhood. It was always an easy meal to cook that pleased the whole family. It is budget friendly, uses basic ingredients and can be on the table in well under 30 minutes. – Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A very quick and easy no fuss meal, great for mid week rush hour." - Alana
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 300g, of choice
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- butter - 50g
- milk - 500g
- plain flour - 30g (*can use GF)
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- tuna - 425g, drained
- corn - 125g, kernels
- peas - 100g, frozen
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside in saucepan.
- Place onion (1) and garlic clove (1) into bowl. Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Add butter (50g). Cook 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add milk (500g), flour (30g) and parsley (1 Tbsp). Cook 8 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Add tuna (425g), corn kernels (125g) and peas (100g) to bowl. Cook 2 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 2 to warm through.
- Add sauce to pasta and combine well.
- Serve with salad or steamed veggies on the side and crusty bread.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Note: You may wish to cook the sauce component only and serve over rice, pasta or mash.