Tuna, Avocado and Quinoa Salad
This colourful salad is a light, protein-rich meal full of healthy fats from the avocado and feta. It is an ideal addition to a gluten free packed lunch, as it's not only filling, but also nutritious.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A beautiful, healthy and fresh salad. I loved it!" - Heidi
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- quinoa - 100g, uncooked
- tuna - 400g tin, drained
- avocado - 1, stoned and chopped into chunks
- cherry tomatoes - 200g, halved
- feta cheese - 50g, crumbled
- baby spinach - 50g leaves
- sunflower kernels - 2 Tbsp
- olive oil - 30g
- lemon - 1, juice only
- white wine vinegar - 2 tsp
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Cook quinoa (100g) according to packet directions on the stove. Alternatively, if you wish to cook in your mixer you can add water (1L) to the bowl and add the quinoa (100g) to the internal steaming basket. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3, measuring cap on.
- Place the cooked quinoa, tuna (400g tin), avocado (1), cherry tomatoes (200g), feta (50g), spinach (50g), sunflower kernels (2 Tbsp), oil (30g), lemon juice (from 1 lemon) and vinegar (2 tsp) in the mixer bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
- Transfer to a large salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper before serving.