Looking for a quick fix sensational salad? This one takes less than 30 minutes to make and serve and has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. It is perfect for warm weather dining, combining delicately steamed trout with crunchy apple and celery along with watercress and a creamy dill and horseradish dressing. An easy and delicious choice for quick dinners, picnics, barbeques and lunches on the go. The components of this salad can be made in advance and simply assembled when ready to serve.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Quick and easy tasty salad – this did me for 2 days for lunch! The dressing was great for potatoes too…I think it would be a great all round dressing recipe!" - Kate
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 3 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Horseradish dressing:
- eschallot - 1, peeled
- fresh dill - handful
- sour cream - 100g
- olive oil - 10g
- lemon - 1, juice only
- mustard - 20g, Dijon
- horseradish - 15g, creamed
- salt - to taste
- water - 500g
- ocean trout - 3 x 150g, skinless, fillets
- watercress - 150g
- apple - 1, green, cored and thinly sliced
- celery - 3, in sticks, thinly sliced
- To make horseradish dressing, place eshallot (1) and dill (handful) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add sour cream (100g), olive oil (10g), lemon juice (1), mustard (20g), horseradish (15g) and salt (to taste). Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds. Refrigerate dressing until ready to serve.
- Place 500g water in machine bowl. Place trout (3 x 150g fillets) in steaming attachment upper tray and program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly then flake using a fork, removing any bones.
- To serve, toss trout with watercress (150g), apple (1), celery (3), and horseradish dressing.
Note: For an even faster meal, replace ocean trout with smoked trout or salmon – then there is no need to steam!