Tropical Endive Smoothie
Sweet pineapple and creamy coconut make for an unbeatable combination. This recipe uses endive which is a bitter, leafy green that can be eaten raw or cooked. It comes in 2 main varieties ‒ curly or broad-leafed ‒ and is rich in folate and fibre. So be adventurous this new year and try some new healthy greens! Shared with us by Alyce Alexandra.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
- pineapple - 250g, roughly chopped
- endive - 80g, curly
- mangoes - 2, roughly chopped
- orange juice - 100g
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- coconut milk - 400g
- ice cubes - 200g,
- coconut oil - 20g, optional
- Place pineapple (250g), endive (80g), mangoes (2), orange juice (100g), lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), half of the coconut milk (200g only), ice (200g) and coconut oil (20g) in the bowl. Pulverise Speed 9 / 30 seconds.
- Weigh the remaining coconut milk into a small jug.
- Program 1 minute / Speed 9, slowly adding the remaining coconut milk (200g) over the measuring cap during the first 45 seconds.
- Serve immediately or bottle and refrigerate for a creamy and satisfying meal or snack.