Tomato Spinach Pasta
For a healthy and fast all-in-one dinner, try this delicious tomato and spinach pasta. It is prepared in less than half an hour and perfect for leftovers the next day. You can make it a pasta bake by adding some cheese on top and roasting in the oven for 20 minutes.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The perfect one-bowl dinner. Easy, tasty and filling – just what I need for a quick mid-week dinner!" - Nadia
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 24-27 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 10g
- tomatoes - 400g, fresh, peeled and chopped, most seeds removed (see Note)
- tomato paste - 50g
- cream - 50g, pure
- water - 130g
- vegetable stock - 1 cube or 2 tsp vegetable stock paste
- dried Italian herbs - 1 Tbsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- sugar - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - pinch, black
- pasta - 200g
- spinach - 100g
- cheese - grated, to serve
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add you preferred amount to the bowl and grate on Speed 8 until desired texture has been achieved. Set aside.
- Place the onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (10g). Program 5 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the tomatoes (400g) and tomato paste (50g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add cream (50g), water (130g), stock cube (1), Italian herbs (1 Tbsp), salt (1/2 tsp), sugar (1/2 tsp) and pepper (pinch) to the bowl. Program 7 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the penne (200g) and spinach (100g) to the bowl. Stir it very slightly with your spatula. Program 12-15 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1 or according to your pasta’s cooking instructions.
- Serve immediately with grated cheese.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Note: If tomatoes aren't in season, you can replace with a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes.