Tomato, Spinach and Bacon Spaghetti
Now this is a recipe that really goes the distance! What is great about this dish is you have a large jug of delicious sauce, so you can pick and choose how much pasta you want to cook. Like your pasta less saucy? Cook lots of pasta and really make this meal stretch. Love a saucy pasta? Cook less pasta.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was a great recipe to go to when you are short on time and need to use up some of your staples. All I had to buy was some bacon and I had everything else in the cupboard." - Shannon
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- dried spaghetti - 400g (*can use GF)
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- bacon - 300g, roughly chopped
- oil - 20g
- tinned tomatoes - 800g, diced
- beef stock - 200g, liquid
- tomato paste - 50g
- dried mixed herbs - 1 tsp
- baby spinach - 60g, leaves, shredded, plus extra for garnish if desired
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Parmesan cheese - optional garnish (*omit for DF)
- Cook spaghetti (400g) according to packet directions whilst preparing the sauce. Drain and set aside.
- Place onion (1), garlic cloves (2) and bacon (300g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add tomatoes (800g tin), liquid stock (200g), tomato paste (50g) and mixed herbs (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. Place internal steaming basket onto the lid to prevent splatters.
- Add spaghetti and spinach (60g) to a large bowl. Carefully pour over sauce. Gently stir to combine.
- Serve with a little Parmesan cheese over the top if your budget allows.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.