- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
I have been playing with tomato sauce recipes for some time trying to master the perfect one that the kiddies devour. Well, I have finally succeeded! My boys now prefer this sauce over store bought. It does have some sugar in it (hence why it tastes like it's store bought). You can leave this out, however it will alter the taste substantially. You can use dates in place of the sugar if desired. - Peta
Please note: Like most tomato or curry-based dishes, this sauce will most likely stain the internal silicone seal of your mixer lid. This will not affect the flavour of future dishes and the colour will fade over a few uses.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- passata - 500g, we recommend using our recipe
- sugar - 40g (or rice malt syrup or dates)
- salt - 1 tsp, rock
- white vinegar - 1/2 tsp, or malt
- Place passata (500g), sugar (40g), rock salt (1 tsp) and vinegar (1/2 tsp) into the bowl.
- Program 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.Place internal steaming basket on top to prevent any splatters, although there really shouldn’t be any unless you are doubling this recipe.
- Pour into a clean bottle and keep in the fridge for up to two weeks. See notes.
- I divide this in to two lots and freeze one to simply thaw before use.
- You can also add half a chilli to it to give it a bit of zing!
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites