Tomato, Prosciutto & Zucchini Slice
This recipe comes from the lovely Lucy of Bake Play Smile. “I am a huge zucchini slice fan. In fact, there’s been times that I have taken it to work for lunch every single day for a whole week (hmm perhaps I didn’t love it so much by the end of the week!). Anyway, while there is nothing wrong with the traditional version of zucchini slice, there’s also nothing wrong with mixing it up a little.“ - Lucy
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This dish is full of flavour, it has beautiful colouring and the prosciutto adds a twist without being overpowering." - Julie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- cheddar cheese - 100g
- zucchini - 375g, roughly chopped
- carrots - 2, roughly chopped
- onion - 1, peeled, roughly chopped
- prosciutto - 75g, finely chopped
- self raising flour - 150g (*can use GF)
- vegetable oil - 50g
- eggs - 5
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- cherry tomatoes - 1, halved
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Place cheese (100g) into bowl. Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Place zucchini (375g), carrot (2), onion (1) and prosciutto (75g) into bowl. Speed 5 / 3-4 seconds, chopped to your preferred consistency.
- Add flour (150g), oil (50g), eggs (5) and salt and pepper to bowl. Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Add grated cheese. Reverse+Speed 3 / 30-40 seconds.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Place the halved cherry tomatoes into the top of the slice.
- Bake in oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until cooked through.
Allow slice to cool completely, cut into desired pieces and then transport in a sealed airtight container with an ice pack. Alternatively, you can leave in the tray that it was cooked in and cover with foil.