Tomato Dipping Sauce
This is a simple recipe that uses minimal ingredients to make a really yummy dipping sauce – it also makes for a great alternative to tomato sauce. Without all the nasties, this sauce means you won't ever need to buy tomato sauce from the store again!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I got 6 adults and 4 kids to try this tomato dipping sauce last night at a BBQ, and everyone loved it! All thought it was really delicious, and apparently the dipping sauce is now to be used as our pizza base." - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Makes approx. 2 cups of sauce
Can be frozen
You will need:
internal steaming basket
- passata - 500g
- white vinegar - 1/2 tsp
- dates - 4, Medjool, pitted
- salt - 1 tsp, rock
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, cracked, black
- Add the passata (500g), white vinegar (1/2 tsp), pitted dates (4), rock salt (1 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Program 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. Set the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters.
- Pour into a clean bottle and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Make your own!
* Make your own passata with the Passata recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.