Tomato and White Bean Soup
The old tomato soup gets a boost with this recipe! Full of goodness from the tomatoes, capscium AND beans. It not only makes a yummy soup, but is also a great option as a thin Napoletana pasta sauce (or pizza sauce!) for vegans wanting to increase their plant-based protein.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a tomato soup full of flavour. Love that it is mostly pantry staples that I have so can whip it up easily if I get caught out with nothing for dinner, and love that it has added protein too." - Terri
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 21 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, large, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- capsicum - 1, red deseeded and roughly chopped
- oil - 20g
- tinned tomatoes - 800g, whole
- cannellini beans - 800g tin, rinsed and drained
- dried oregano - 1 Tbsp
- vegetable stock - 30g, paste
- water - 470g
- tomato paste - 25g
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp
- Add onion (1), garlic cloves (2) and capsicum (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5.5 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off.
- Add the tomatoes (800g tin), beans (800g tin), oregano (1 Tbsp), stock paste (30g), water (470g), tomato paste (25g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Gradually increase the speed to Speed 8 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on. Please read your machine’s user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.