Tomato and Tuna Risotto
Tuna in a risotto!? You bet. We all know tuna is a great budget item, and our pantries are filled with excess tuna tins. This recipe is a great way to use up a tin in a new and exciting recipe. No more tuna mornay or patties on repeat.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I am very impressed with this one. It's right up there with all the other 'emergency' recipes you can make with what you have in the cupboard. Cheap and cheerful, but at the same time very tasty." - Erika
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 27 minutes
Can be frozen
- onions - 2, small, peeled and quartered
- oil - 20g
- Arborio rice - 350g
- chicken stock - 600g, liquid, full flavoured
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, Italian, diced
- tuna - 425g, tinned, in spring water, drained and flaked
- Add the onions (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Set the whisk attachment in place.
- Add rice (350g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C /
- Add the chicken stock (600g), tomatoes (400g tin), salt and pepper to the bowl. Program 12 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Add flaked tuna (425g tin) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Check for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if required.
- Pour risotto into an insulated server. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.
*Oil, salt and pepper are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Garnish with roasted cherry tomatoes and additional basil leaves.