Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta Bake
Pasta bakes are a go-to meal for many families. They are often very easy to whip up and go the extra mile to feed a crowd. You may wish to add some vegetables to this pasta bake to really stretch the meal, or even cooked mince meat or tuna... whatever you have on hand! It freezes well, so why notmake a double batch and serve one tonight and freeze the other?
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a really great family recipe! The house smells amazing." - Kristy
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 45 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 400g, dried (*can use GF)
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- oil - 20g
- tinned tomatoes - 800g, diced
- dried oregano - 1/2 Tbsp
- dried parsley - 1 tsp
- dried basil - 1 tsp
- salt - to taste
- mozzarella cheese - 150g, cubed
- mozzarella cheese - 10 slices
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cook pasta (400g) according to packet directions. Drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Add onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) into bowl. Combine Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g), tomatoes (800g), oregano (1/2 Tbsp), parsley (1 tsp) and basil (1 tsp). Add salt and pepper to taste. Place internal steaming basket on top of the lid. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Pour sauce over the drained pasta and add the cubed mozzarella cheese (150g). Stir to combine.
- Pour pasta into a large baking dish and top with slices of mozzarella cheese(10).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden.Note: You may wish to make these in individual serving sizes.