Toasted Maple Muesli
This lightly sweetened and toasted maple muesli provides an excellent base for creating your ideal muesli blend. You can enjoy it as is, or look in your cupboard and see which yummy dried fruits, nuts and seeds you can add in to make it even more delicious.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It turned out lovely and crunchy! The cinnamon is amazing!!! Seems like a huge amount but it is perfect. Also, a flexible recipe so you can add all your favorite extras." - Lauren
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 40-50 minutes
Can be frozen
- butter - 100g (*use coconut oil for DF)
- maple syrup - 120g
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- cinnamon - 2 tsp, ground
- oats - 400g
- Preheat oven to 150C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the butter (100g), maple syrup (200g), vanilla (2 tsp) and cinnamon (3 tsp) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Add oats (400g) to the bowl. Combine Closed Lid / Reverse+Turbo / 3 x 0.5 second blasts, or until coated and some little clumps have formed. If you are adding any other fruit or nuts you can mix them through here.
- Spread oats out onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until golden. Stir every 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before placing into an airtight container or jar.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 100g nuts of choice and 40g shredded coconut in Step 3.
- You may like to add dried fruits to the muesli once cooked and cooled to really make this recipe stretch.