Tina’s Chilli Sauce
This delicious sauce comes from the very talented Tina Wong of Dinner with Tina, “I love my chilli and so I often eat my meals with Sambal's delicious sauce, but when I have my sauce in the fridge, I much prefer my own! The apple in this sauce provides a natural sweetness and thus only a little sugar is needed. Also, there is no vinegar in my version, something I don't like in chilli sauces. Don't be afraid of the entire garlic bulb... I promise you won't taste it! This sauce is a little hot (depending on what type of chillies you use) so be prepared for your house smelling like chillies when you make this.”
This was also featured as a free recipe on The 4 Blades blog.
Please note: Like most tomato or curry-based dishes, this sauce will most likely stain the internal silicone seal of your mixer lid. This will not affect the flavour of future dishes and the colour will fade over a few uses.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes approx. 500ml
Cannot be frozen
- chilli - 300g, Tina uses bird's eye chillies but any type will do, stalk removed
- garlic bulb - 1, whole, peeled
- apple - 1, green
- sugar - 50g
- fish sauce - 30g, gluten free
- Place chillies (300g), garlic (1), apple (1), sugar (50g) and fish sauce (30g) into bowl. Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.5.
- Carefully pour into jar.
- Allow to cool before storing in the fridge.
Note: The sauce will last up to a month in a sterilised jar if a clean spoon is used when added to dishes.