- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Fancy a super easy and quick snack? These delicious thumbprint cookies are perfect for those of us who need a little something in between meals. The chocolate adds the perfect sweetness to the cookie.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Great recipe to make with the kids. My son loved rolling the cookies into balls." - Jodie
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Makes 24 cookies
Cannot be frozen
- caster sugar - 75g
- butter - 160g
- salt - pinch
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- plain flour - 200g
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- chocolate - 100g, dark or your preferred chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a large rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (75g) and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To the sugar (75g), add butter (160g), salt (pinch), vanilla (1 tsp), flour (200g) and baking powder (1/2 tsp) in the bowl. Combine Speed 6 / 10 seconds. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl with a spatula.
- Take tablespoons of the mixture, form into balls and place on the tray with plenty of space in between.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Then remove from the oven and make indentations with your thumb in the middle. Careful – at this stage they are still hot, so you might want to use the back of a spoon instead. Leave to cool entirely.
- Place the chocolate (100g) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 7 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Melt 2 minutes / 37C / Speed 1. Spoon the chocolate in the indentations and leave to set.