Thin Crust Pizzas and Garlic Bread
Homemade pizza is a dish that requires a bit of an investment at the beginning (e.g. buying yeast, bakers flour etc.), but if your family regularly enjoys pizza it will soon pay off. One of the great things about homemade pizza is that you can top it with just about anything. Even leftovers are given a new lease on life as toppings on a pizza! Leftover bolognese sauce (why not try the budget bolognese sauce in the Individual Lasagnes?), bits of roasted pumpkin, deli meats - whatever is in your fridge is fair game on a pizza!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The pizza and garlic bread were simple, delicious and easy to make. This recipe was totally budget friendly because I didn't have to go out and buy any ingredients. The toppings can be flexible so it's a great way to use up leftovers. I would certainly make this again." - Shannon
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 2 hours+
Cooking Time 40-50 minutes
Makes 2 thin crust pizzas and 1 loaf of garlic bread
Can be frozen after baking
- toppings - we chose ham, cheese, capsicum, spring onion and cheese
- water - 220g, lukewarm
- olive oil - 1 Tbsp, plus a little extra
- yeast - 1.5 tsp
- bakers flour - 375g
- salt - 1 tsp
- Garlic butter:
- butter - 100g, softened
- garlic cloves - 6, peeled
- fresh parsley - 1 tsp, chopped
- dried mixed herbs - 1 tsp
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch
- Add water (220g), olive oil (1 Tbsp), yeast (1.5 tsp) bakers flour (375g) and salt (1 tsp) to bowl. Program Closed Lid / 6 minutes / Kneading Function.
- Remove dough and place into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with clingfilm and place into a warm spot. I use the front seat of my car or a warmed oven.
- Leave this to rise for approximately an hour or until doubled.
- Remove a third of the dough from bowl, knock out the air by shaping your dough into a long log shape. Place them onto baking tray. Allow to rise until almost doubled in size. The remaining dough can be placed into the fridge to slow down rising time.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place tray with the single log of dough into the oven to cook whilst preparing the pizzas.
- Split the remaining dough into two equal portions. Roll out each ball into a large circle and top with pizza sauce and toppings of choice.
- Bake the pizzas and bread for approximately 20 minutes until starting to become golden.
- Add garlic cloves (6) to bowl. Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add butter (100g), parsley (1 tsp) and dried mixed herbs (1 tsp). Speed 6 / 8 seconds.
- Remove bread from the oven and cut slits horizontally into the loaves. Carefully place a little butter mix in each slit. Return to the oven to heat through for approximately 10-15 minutes.