Thick Italian Hazelnut Hot Chocolate
Lovers of Italy will tell you that the thick hot chocolates (cioccolata calda densa) are really something else. They need to be enjoyed with a spoon, but aren’t as thick as a pudding. They have a beautiful glossy surface. They are sweet without being over the top. We think we have created a winner. We’ve added a little hazelnut twist too, as a salute to Bec’s love of all things hazelnut flavoured when travelling in Italy.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Total Preparation Time 7 minutes
Best served fresh
- chocolate - 40g, dark, (tested with 80% cocoa, dairy free)
- hazelnuts - 20, raw, optional
- cornflour - 10g or 1 Tbsp
- sugar - up to 20g sugar, depending on your preference and the amount of sugar in the chocolate, Start with less, add more in later if required
- milk - 400g, (tested with cow’s milk and rice milk)
- Add chocolate (40g), hazelnuts (20g), sugar (up to 20g) and cornflour (10g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add milk (400g). Program 5 minutes / 80C / Speed 5.
- If you require more sweetness, add a little more sugar and combine on Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Pour into glasses and serve with a spoon. It will thicken as it cools.