Thermomix Frozen Fish Cakes
This is a delicious way to use up those frozen fish fillets hanging around the freezer. You know, those ones that you bought to have on hand, but you have never actually gotten around to using? They are perfect to serve with veggies for dinner, and you can quite easily add to the flavour by adding in some garlic granules or a range of different herbs and spices.
Your Thermomix is super powerful, but please semi thaw the fish fillets before using so that you don’t damage your blades.
In the recipe we say to serve with lemon and mayo. You could also cook the fish cakes in lemon juice to get the flavour through without having to squeeze it on later. We featured this recipe in episode 135 of The 4 Blades Podcast.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
- white fish fillets - 500g, frozen, semi thawed
- potato - 1, large white, peeled and quartered (approx. 200-300g)
- fresh parsley - handful, chopped
- tapioca starch - 80g, can use plain flour
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- eggs - 2
- oil - 20g
- Take frozen fish fillets (500g) out of freezer to thaw slightly so that you can cut them in half.
- Peel and quarter the potato (1) and add it to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Lay out 2 pieces of paper towel folded over one another and spread out the chopped potato on top. Place another 2 sheets of paper towel on top. (You don't need to remove all the water - you just want to remove the excess water.)
- Rinse and dry the bowl.
- Cut the fish fillets (500g) in half. Add the halved fillets and fresh chopped parsley (handful) to the bowl. Process Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add the chopped potato, tapioca starch (80g), salt flakes (1 tsp) and eggs (2) to the bowl. Process Speed 4 / 10 seconds
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat and heat oil (20g) for shallow frying. Spoon the batter onto the frying pan and fry for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. This is a great opportunity for you to squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the fish cakes for a flavour boost. Repeat for all the mixture.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon and mayo.