Thai Inspired Seafood Marinade
This delicious marinade has a fantastic blend of flavours that beautifully complement seafood. We have found that it works best with nice large pieces, like fresh prawns, calamari hoods and rings or good sized pieces of boneless fish. That being said, if you are not a seafood lover but still enjoy Thai flavours, try this marinade with chicken instead.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The flavours really penetrated the mix and were delicious." - Jan
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + overnight marinating time
Cooking Time approx. 10 minutes, depending on the size of your seafood pieces
Makes enough for 2kg meat
Can be frozen
You will need:
- fresh mixed seafood - 2kg, (e.g. prawns, calamari hoods and rings, pieces of boneless fish – best to use larger pieces rather than marinara mix)
- salad of choice - to serve
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- ginger - 5cm piece, peeled and halved
- chilli - 1, long, red, roughly chopped
- lemongrass - 1 stalk, white pieces only, finely chopped
- lime - 2 strips of peel
- kecap manis - 80g, (*ensure GF if required)
- fish sauce - 20g (*ensure GF if required)
- palm sugar - 4 Tbsp
- lime - 1, juice only
- Variations / Serving suggestions:
- whole chicken - to replace the seafood
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (4), peeled and halved ginger (5cm piece), chopped red chilli (1), chopped lemongrass (1 stalk) and lime peel (2 strips) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the kecap manis (80g), fish sauce (20g), palm sugar (4 Tbsp) and lime juice (from 1 lime) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 7 until combined.
- Pour the marinade over the seafood (2kg) and allow to marinate overnight.
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Cook seafood over a high heat for a few minutes on each side until cooked through to your liking.
- Serve with side salad of choice.