- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Thai Chicken Rissoles
These yummy rissoles are a great source of protein, packed with veggies andeasy to make. They have been shared with us by Gabrielle Tobin from Kitch'nThyme and they are an absolute staple in her house! Great for dinners with abig salad, and perfect for lunches.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is such a flavour-filled recipe, and so simpleto make! This would be amazing served cold with a fresh salad on a warm summer night. I see this becoming a household fave!" - Channy
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- Curry paste:
- kaffir lime leaves - 6, stalk removed
- lemongrass - 2 stalks, white part only
- fresh coriander - 1/4 bunch, including roots and stalks
- ginger - 5cm, piece
- lime - 1/2, zested
- chillies - 2, red cayenne, deseeded
- cashew nuts - 100g
- macadamia nuts - 100g
- onions - 2, red, large peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 20g, plus extra for frying
- capsicum - 1, red, finely chopped
- zucchini - 2
- carrots - 2
- chicken breast - 1kg, organic, roughly chopped into 3-4cm pieces
- spring onions - 4, thinly sliced
- eggs - 2, lightly beaten
- salt flakes - 1 Tbsp
- fish sauce - 1 Tbsp (*ensure GF if required)
- almond meal - or GF breadcrumbs, for crumbing
- Note: If you need to make your own almond meal or bread crumbs, do it now. Add raw almond or stale bread to the bowl and blitz Speed 8 / 5-10 seconds.
- Add the cashews (100g) and macadamias (100g) to the mixer bowl and chop Speed 4 / 12 seconds. Set aside in a bowl.
- Roughly chop lime leaves (6), lemongrass (2 stalks), coriander (1/4 bunch), ginger (5cm piece), lime (1/2) and chillies (2) into 1-2 cm pieces. Place in mixer bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds.
- Add onions (2) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) and capsicum (1) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Roughly chop the carrots (2) and zucchini (2) into 3-4cm pieces and add to the mixer bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Add the chicken (500g only) to the mixer bowl. Process Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Repeat with the remainder of the chicken (500g) to the mixer bowl. Process Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Add the chopped nuts from Step 2, spring onions (4), eggs (2), salt flakes (1 Tbsp) and fish sauce (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add some olive oil, but be careful not to smoke it.
- Roll the mix into rissole shapes and coat with breadcrumbs or almond meal.
- Add to the pan and cook for 2-4 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer onto a paper towel-lined wire cooling rack.
- Serve warm with a fresh salad, vegetables and garlic mayo or Thai tomato relish.