Thai Chicken Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkins are an easy vegetable to grow in your crawling garden, and this soup is a must-make when you have a pumpkin at hand! It has been shared with us by Monica Falconer from Mixing with Monica. You might even discover a pumpkin that has sprouted up after putting pumpkin seeds in your compost bin – that's how easy they can be to grow! Try planting a seed and seeing what happens!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Best soup I have ever cooked or eaten. It was zingy and everything in it went so well together. The flavour of the soup was so nice, and the chicken took it up another level." - Alana
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- lemongrass - 1 stalk, white part only, roughly chopped
- kaffir lime leaves - 3, vein removed
- chilli - 1, red, long, deseeded and quartered
- ginger - 10g, peeled and sliced into coins
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered (approx. 100g)
- ghee - 20g,butter or oil of choice(*use oil for DF)
- pumpkin - 600g, peeled and diced
- parsnip - 100g, diced
- water - 400g, hot
- chicken tenderloins - 500g
- spring onions - 2, sliced thinly, to garnish
- Add the lemongrass (1 stalk), lime leaves (3), chilli (1), ginger (10g) and onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat 4 times.
- Add the oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 100C / Speed 1. While this is cooking, you may wish to prepare the pumpkin if you haven't already.
- Add the diced pumpkin (600g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add water (400g) to the bowl. Place the chicken (500g) onto the steaming attachment upper tray. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Set the steaming attachment with the chicken aside.
- Start at Speed 5 and gradually increase the speed to 1 minute / Speed 9, measuring cap on. Please read your machine’s user manual for the correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Pour the soup into bowls and add the chicken pieces to each bowl.
- Garnish with thinly sliced spring onions (2).
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites