Thai Chicken Meatballs
These delicious meatballs are not only quick to make, they are delicious served hot or cold! They are a great option for a light summer meal. We love these served with a good squeeze of lime juice and in fresh, crisp lettuce leaves for added crunch. Why not try them alongside the Kale and Alfalfa Slaw?
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Quick and easy meal. I actually popped them into the oven and served with the Kale and Alfalfa Slaw. Great for a hot night." - Sally
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
Can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- spring onions - 2, sliced
- chilli - 1, optional
- ginger - 2cm piece, peeled
- lemongrass - 1 Tbsp, crushed
- coconut oil - 1 Tbsp, or peanut or sesame oil, plus extra for frying
- lime - 1, zest only
- chicken mince - 500g
- lettuce - leaves, to serve
- lime - wedges, to serve
- Place garlic cloves (2), spring onions (2), chilli (1, if using), ginger (2cm piece) and lemongrass (1 Tbsp) in the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / Speed 3. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (1 Tbsp), lime zest (from 1 lime) and mince (500g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 6 seconds.
- Scoop mixture out onto a plate.
- Roll into 30 meatballs.
- Place in a frying pan over medium heat. Drizzle hot pan with oil.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, turning often or until cooked through.
- Serve in lettuce leaves with lime wedges.