Thai Chicken Basil with Chilli
If there is ever a Friday night when you just don't want to cook (when take away is the usual solution), try this dish in lieu of your usual fix. Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina has shared this easy recipe with us to complete the Thai feast. We love it and we know you will too. If you aren't a chilli lover, you can omit the chilli for a mild and yet incredibly flavoursome dish.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A brilliant alternative to a shop bought Friday night take away... cheaper and just as flavoursome! Loved the taste and looked authentic." - Katie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- chilli - 1, bird's eye, small (or more or less to taste), plus extra to serve
- onion - 1, red, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- coconut sugar - 20g
- olive oil - 20g
- coconut cream - 400g tin
- lime juice - 30g, fresh
- fish sauce - 10g (*ensure GF if required)
- kaffir lime leaves - 2
- chicken breast - 800g, cubed
- capsicum - 1, red, sliced
- fresh basil - leaves, handful, plus extra to serve
- cornflour - 1 tsp
- water - 1 Tbsp
- rice - steamed, to serve
- Add the chilli (1), onion (1), garlic cloves (4), sugar (20g) and oil (20g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 7 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Add the coconut cream (400g tin), lime juice (30g), fish sauce (10g) and lime leaves (2) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the chicken (800g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Combine cornflour (1 tsp) and water (1 Tbsp) in a small bowl.
- Add the capsicum (1), basil (handful) and cornflour mixture to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Serve hot with steamed rice, a few extra basil leaves and sliced chilli to taste.