Thai Beef with Spiralised Salad
NutsThis zesty Thai salad has been shared with us by Monica Falconer from Mixing with Monica. It is set to be a real crowd pleaser! It is such a great option for a satisfying salad that you can make from home. You can get creative with your herb and spice additions and include some coriander root, galangal, or even basil.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A superbly cooked sliced beef on a Thai flavoured spiralised salad base. I would never have thought the meat had notbeen fried or cooked on the BBQ. I like that the meat was cooked whole and sliced later." - Cindy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes + 4 hours marinating time
Cooking Time 18 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Beef marinade:
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- ginger - 10g, peeled and cut into coins
- lime juice - 40g
- tamari - 50g (or coconut aminos for paleo)
- honey - 40g (or coconut sugar)
- fish sauce - 10g (*ensure GF if required)
- fresh mint - handful, leaves
- fresh coriander - handful, leaves
- eye fillet steak - 650g, or rump steak
- water - 900g
- Salad dressing:
- chilli - 1, red, deseeded and quartered
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- tamari - 1 Tbsp (or coconut aminos for paleo)
- sesame oil - 1 tsp
- fish sauce - 1 Tbsp (*ensure GF if required)
- lime juice - 30g
- palm sugar - 20g, (or coconut sugar for paleo)
- parsnip - 1 large, spiralised
- carrot - 2 large, spiralised
- cucumber - 2, Lebanese, spiralised
- onion - 1, red, peeled and sliced thinly
- cherry tomatoes - 12, halved
- lettuce - roughly cut
- fresh mint - 12, and coriander leaves
- peanuts - handful, roasted, chopped, optional (*omit for NF)
- Add the garlic cloves (2), ginger (10g), lime juice (40g), tamari (50g), honey (40g), fish sauce (10g), mint (handful) and coriander (handful) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Place beef (650g) into a glass bowl and ensure the meat is covered in the marinade. Cover and place in fridge for minimum of 4 hours.
- No need to rinse bowl as you will now make the salad dressing.
Add the chilli (1), garlic clove (1), tamari (1 Tbsp), sesame oil (1 tsp), fish sauce (1 Tbsp), lime juice (30g) and sugar (20g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Set aside until after the beef is cooked and rested.
- Add water (900g) to the bowl and place the beef into the steaming attachment lower dish. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 18 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Allow the beef to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into strips across the grain.
- At 18 minutes the beef will be medium rare when sliced.
- Whilst meat is cooking, prepare your salad ingredients.
Salad and assembly:
- In a large bowl, add the parsnip (1), carrots (2), cucumbers (2), onion (1), tomatoes (12), lettuce, mint / coriander leaves (12) and peanuts (handful). Toss to combine.
- When beef is cooked and rested, slice and add to salad with the dressing. Toss all together and serve.