Tess’s Rustic Gluten Free Bread Loaf
We’d love to meet Tess. Tess clearly knows what she is talking about. Because she has inadvertently given us one of the best gluten free breads we’ve ever tried. It rose amazingly well. It was dense. It was delicious. Alas, we were given this recipe on a piece of paper with no contact details to identify Tess at all. So, if you are Tess – let us know!
This bread has been made into a cobb loaf, and featured in Episode 33 of The 4 Blades Podcast: Thermomix BBQ Recipes.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 1 hour
You will need:
- brown rice - 80g
- white rice - 80g
- quinoa - 80g
- tapioca starch - 100g
- besan / chickpea flour - 50g
- sunflower kernels - 35g
- pepitas - 20g
- yeast - 2 tsp, dried
- salt - 1 heaped tsp
- sugar - 20g
- water - 400g, lukewarm
- rice bran oil - 30g, or macadamia oil
- apple cider vinegar - 20g
- egg - 1, large
- Line a bread tin with baking paper.
- Add the brown rice (80g), white rice (80g) and quinoa (80g) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 9 until the mixture is a flour consistency.
- Add the tapioca starch (100g,), besan (50g), sunflower kernels (35g), pepitas (20g), xanthan gum (2 tsp), dried yeast (2 tsp), salt (1 heaped tsp), sugar (20g), lukewarm water (400g), oil of choice (30g), apple cider vinegar (20g) and egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4-5 / 15 seconds.
- Program 1:30 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Move the dough into the prepared bread tin and allow to rise for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 180C for 50-60 minutes, or fan forced for 40-50 minutes.