This teriyaki marinade is jam packed full of flavour, minus all the preservatives and additives! It's a great option to use with any protein you like, such as chicken or beef. This also costs a fraction of the bottled variety in the supermarket.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a quick and easy marinade to make and use. It was so full of flavour." - Kirsty
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes enough to marinate approx. 700g of meat
Can be frozen
You will need:
internal steaming basket
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- ginger - 2cm piece, peeled
- honey - 30g
- brown sugar - 30g, dark
- rice wine vinegar - 40g, or mirin
- soy sauce - 100g, salt reduced, *ensure GF if required
- Serving suggestions:
- chicken breast - to marinate and serve
- beef strips - to marinate and serve
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2) and peeled ginger (2cm piece) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the honey (30g), dark brown sugar (30g), rice wine vinegar (40g) and soy sauce (100g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 8 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Set the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight jar for up to 24 hours, until ready to use to marinate meat.