- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 26 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Tasty Taco Cups
These mini taco cups are just perfect for a savoury share plate as a fun finger food for a child's party. They work well as a warm finger food, but they would also make delicious cold picnic fare. You could also use the taco mince mixture as a yummy nacho topping!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is an awesome way to serve mini tacos – just add your favourite flavour combinations and toppings to personalise it. I will be making this more often!" - Tammy
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Variations: *Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 26 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
12cm cookie cutter
2 x 12 hole muffin tins
- tortillas - 8, corn or wheat, *can use GF corn tortillas if required)
- salsa - 150g
- avocado - 1, stone removed and finely chopped, optional
- tomato - 2, Roma, seeds removed and finely chopped
- cheese - 100g, grated
- fresh coriander - 2 Tbsp, chopped, to serve
- sour cream - to serve, optional
- Taco mince:
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- capsicum - 2, roughly chopped
- oil - 10g
- taco seasoning - 4 Tbsp
- beef mince - 400g, broken up
- tomato paste - 25g
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed cheese (100g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the peeled and quartered onion (1), peeled garlic cloves (2) and chopped capsicums (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds, or until it reaches your preferred consistency. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (10g) and taco seasoning (4 Tbsp) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add the broken up beef mince (400g) and tomato paste (25g) to the bowl. Program 14 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed. While the beef is cooking you can continue with the first two assembly steps.
- Using a 12cm cookie cutter, cut 24 circles out of the tortillas (8 total).
- Lightly grease two 12 hole muffin tins then press the tortilla circles down inside.
- Once cooked, spoon the mince mixture evenly into each tortilla cup.
- Top with a little salsa (150g total), chopped avocado flesh (from 1 avocado total, if using), chopped tomatoes (2 total) and grated cheese (100g total).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Serve garnished with chopped fresh coriander (2 Tbsp total) and sour cream if desired, with any other toppings of choice.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Make your own!
* Make your own wraps with the Gluten Free Wraps recipe from The Lunchbox Issue, the Spinach Wraps recipe from The Lunchbox Issue, the Breakfast Wraps recipe from The Breakfast Issue, the Flexible Grain Free Wraps recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue or the LCHF Omelette Wraps recipe from The School Lunches Issue.
* Make your own salsa with the Chunky Tomato Salsa recipe from The BBQ Issue, the Fresh Tomato Salsa recipe from The Thrifty Issue, the Chargrilled Corn and Black Bean Salsa recipe from The Dinner Party Issue, the Summer Salsa and Corn Chips recipe from The Summer Issue or the Salsa-mole recipe from The 30 Minute Issue.
* Make your own taco seasoning with the Taco Seasoning recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.
* Make your own tomato paste with the Pizza Sauce / Tomato Paste recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.