This tasty coleslaw has been shared with us by Andrea Lee from Forking Foodie. Plate up and enjoy, or pack up to take to work with you. Enjoy feeling like a healthy eating saint for just over 200 calories a serve.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Quick and simple salad. Would be perfect for lunch or dinner. Paired great with cajun chicken breasts." - Mandi
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- onion - 35g, white, peeled and halved
- carrots - 100g, peeled, topped and tailed
- cabbage - 130g, white, tough core cut out
- apple - 1, small tart, crisp, cored
- lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- mustard - 1 tsp, Dijon
- mayonnaise - 30g (*can use EF; use light if you want to cut calories; make your own with the Cheat's Mayonnaise or Egg Free Mayonnaise recipes from The Tea Party Issue)
- yoghurt - 30g, Greek (*can use DF)
- caraway seeds - 1/2 tsp, or celery seeds, optional
- Add the onion (35g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 10 / 4 seconds, measuring cap on. Scrape down sides.
- Cut carrots (100g), cabbage (130g) and apple (1) into large chunks and add to bowl with the lemon juice (1 Tbsp). This is to stop the apple from browning as well as to add an acidic kick, so it's good to add it at this stage. Chop Speed 4 / 5 seconds, measuring cap on. Scrape down sides.
- Chop again Speed 4 / 2 seconds.
- Add the mustard (1 tsp), mayonnaise (30g), yoghurt (30g) and caraway / celery seeds (1/2 tsp). Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Season with salt and pepper if you prefer.
- Plate up and enjoy, or pack up to take to work with you – put the coleslaw in a separate compartment if you prefer and season to taste. Enjoy the feeling of a refreshing yet filling lunch.
- This will keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- You could serve with 100g lean ham or cooked chicken (seasoned with Cajun Seasoning Mix!) cut into chunks or shredded Reverse+Speed 4 to your preference. Add 100g crisp salad leaves, shredded Speed 4 / 3-5 seconds to your preference, 80g cherry tomatoes or 1 large vine tomato, roughly chopped along with a sixth portion of Tasty Coleslaw.