Tarragon Chicken Pasta
This is a great recipe to use up any leftover shredded chicken that you may have on hand. If you don't have any but would like to make this recipe, you can easily steam up some chicken breasts (keep an eye out for when it is on special!) and shred in your mixer as per the Rosemary Chicken Sandwich Filling recipe in The Tea Party Issue, or simply use any leftover store-bought BBQ chicken. I need to thank my mother in law for inspiring me to create this dish thermo style. - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was a quick, easy and tasty meal that can feed the whole family. Even one of the fussy children ate it, so it was a winner!" - Kirsty
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 400g, dried (*can use GF)
- roast chicken - 400g, shredded or leftover
- Tarragon sauce:
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- butter - 50g, cubed
- milk - 600g
- plain flour - 50g (*can use GF)
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - to taste
- Breadcrumb layer:
- bread - 2 slices,day old, broken up into several pieces (*can use GF)
- Parmesan cheese - 50g, cubed
- dried parsley - 1 Tbsp, or fresh
- Cook pasta (400g) according to packet instructions. Drain, set aside and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the bread (2 slices), Parmesan cheese (50g) and parsley (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 7 seconds.
- Place onto a baking tray in an even layer and bake until golden and crunchy, stirring occasionally. This will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Place the onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (50g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes /100C / Speed 2.
- Add the milk (600g), plain flour (50g), tarragon (1.5 Tbsp), salt (1 tsp) and pepper to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 90C / Speed 4.
- Add previously cooked shredded chicken (400g) to tarragon sauce. Program 2 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Serve tarragon chicken sauce over drained hot pasta and top with the breadcrumb mixture.