Tangy Tomato and Onion Relish
Prepare this relish before leaving on your big adventure and store it in a vacuum sealed jar. This perfectly complements a BBQ bacon and egg cook up, the Cherry Tomato Chorizo Omelette and even Broccoli Pancakes. Not to mention, it's perfect when served with cheese and crackers at the end of the day.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This one is so easy to make, with little effort required. We had this with a zucchini slice which took it to a whole new level. A great condiment if you like your food more spicy than your kids. A very versatile relish. It would go with so many things for breakfast, lunch and dinner." - Terri
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 36 minutes
Makes approx. 2 cups
Can be frozen
- chilli - 1, roughly chopped
- onions - 4, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- oil - 10g
- tomatoes - 900g, fresh, diced
- Worcestershire sauce - 50g (*ensure GF if required; make your own using the Worcestershire Sauce recipe in The Make Your Own Subscriber Only Bonus Issue)
- sugar - 50g
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp
- mustard seeds - 1.5 tsp, yellow
- Add the chilli (1), onions (4) and garlic cloves (3) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (10g). Program 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the tomatoes (900g), Worcestershire sauce (50g), sugar (50g), salt (1 tsp), pepper (1 tsp) and mustard seeds (1.5 tsp) to the bowl. Place the internal steaming basket on top to prevent splatters. Program 30 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Pour into sterilised jars.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.