Tangy Prawn Dipping Sauce
Sure, you COULD serve your Christmas prawns with regular old tartar sauce... but why not mix it up a bit? This tangy sauce is the perfect accompaniment to cold Christmas prawns.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Don't save this gem just for prawns... dip anything into it, it's delicious!" - Prue
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Makes approx. 2 cups
Cannot be frozen
- semi dried tomatoes - 125g
- garlic cloves - 2, , peeled
- egg yolks - 2
- mustard - 1 Tbsp, Dijon
- salt - pinch
- white wine vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- rice bran oil - 1 cup, set aside in a pouring vessel
- water - 1-2 Tbsp, warm
- Add the tomatoes (125g) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add egg yolks (2), mustard (1 Tbsp), salt (pinch), vinegar (2 Tbsp) and lemon juice (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Keeping your mixer on Speed 4, slowly drizzle oil (1 cup) through the measuring cap in the lid. Continue for 1-2 minutes (until sauce thickens).
- Add warm water (1-2 Tbsp) to thin to desired dipping consistency.
- Keep refrigerated in airtight container before serving.