- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Tangy Broccoli Slaw
A great new way to enjoy broccoli, complete with a lovely tangy twist. We love the freshness of the broccoli, the zing from the dressing and the crunch of the almonds. This would be a great salad to bring to your next BBQ!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “When you are asked to 'just bring a salad', bring this one! It's tasty and different, and people would be surprised that it's broccoli!" - Gail
Contains: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Egg
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Serves 16-20 as a side dish
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- broccoli - 4 medium heads, broken into small florets
- carrot - 3, large, roughly chopped
- onion - 1, red, peeled and quartered
- fresh parsley - 4 Tbsp, chopped
- fresh dill - 2 Tbsp, leaves
- almonds - 200g, slivered
- mayonnaise - 200g (*can use EF)
- sour cream - 300g
- lemon juice - 20g, fresh
- sugar - 1 tsp, optional
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked black
- Add half the broccoli florets (from 2 heads only), chopped carrots (3) and peeled and quartered onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Set aside into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining broccoli florets (from 2 heads), chopped fresh parsley (4 Tbsp) and fresh dill leaves (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Add to the bowl with the other vegetables.
- Add the slivered almonds (200g) to the bowl with the other vegetables.
- Add the mayonnaise (200g), sour cream (300g), lemon juice (20g), sugar (1 tsp, if using), salt (1 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 4 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the dressing to the other vegetables. Mix to combine.
Make your own
* Make your own mayonnaise with the Cheat's Mayonnaise or Egg Free Mayonnaise recipes from The Tea Party Issue.