Super quick and easy, these yummy biscuits have been shared with us by Caroline from Healthy Home Cafe. They are delicious plain, but you can also add your preferred 'extras', like raisins, diced dried apricots, and chocolate chips - the choice is yours! For those on a low FODMAP diet, use peanut butter or pumpkin seed spread in place of tahini and pure maple syrup in place of honey.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Tahini fans will love this one! Super easy to make!" - Christina
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- oats - 130g, rolled
- honey - 90g
- tahini paste - 65g, can make your own with the recipe in The Tea Party Issue
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line large baking tray with baking paper.
- Add oats (130g), honey (90g), tahini (65g), cinnamon (1 tsp) and any extras to the bowl (in that order). Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 15 seconds, until well combined. If the blades are not in contact with the mixture, stop, scrape down sides, continue.
- Using a teaspoon, roll heaped teaspoons of mix and place onto prepared tray. Either keep round or flatten. They won't spread while cooking.
- Bake for 8-15 minutes, until golden brown. Watch the cookies carefully. If you like them chewy, remove them earlier, if you like them crunchy, remove them later.
- Allow to cool. If you haven't eaten them all already, store in an airtight jar. These biscuits keep well for 3-4 days and transport well in an airtight container.