Swordfish with Garlic and Herb Butter
This garlic and herb butter is a great addition to fish, breads or potatoes. Wherever you use butter, you can use this flavoursome version. Feel free to use whatever herbs you like. It is a great way to use up the last of the bunch. Simply keep some herb butter in the fridge or freezer and use it whenever you want to add a little something extra.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a tasty and versatile herby butter which complements any steak, meat or fish." - Erika
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Can be frozen
- swordfish - 4 pieces
- salad greens - side, to serve
- lemon - wedges, to serve
- Garlic and herb butter:
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- fresh parsley - 15g
- fresh basil - 15g
- dried mint - 2 Tbsp
- fresh dill - 1 Tbsp
- lemon - 1 tsp, zest
- butter - 100g, slightly softened
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black
- Add the garlic cloves (2), parsley (15g), basil (15g), mint (2 Tbsp), dill (1 Tbsp), lemon zest (1 tsp), butter (100g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Place herbed butter into a small bowl and refrigerate. For presentation, you may like to roll the butter into a log shape before refrigerating so you can easily slice rounds of butter to top each portion of fish.
- Place the swordfish (4 pieces) onto a greased grill pan. Grill fish for 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness.
- Spread a little butter or place some butter rounds over each piece of fish and allow it to melt.
- Serve with side salad.