Sweet Potato with Maple Walnut Butter
This is a delicious sweet butter with a slight crunch, perfect on top of BBQ baked sweet potatoes! The butter is freezable so why not make a double batch?
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I made this recipe while away camping. Yummo! Everyone enjoyed it. Super easy and something different and special to bring to the camping table. Will be making this again!" - Liv
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 50 minutes
Butter can be frozen
- sweet potatoes - 3, small, washed and sliced in half
- Maple pecan butter:
- butter - 150g, cubed, make your own with the recipe in The Steaming Issue
- walnuts - 100g, and additional for optional garnish
- maple syrup - 2 Tbsp
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp, ground, (or nutmeg)
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Wrap each half of the sweet potatoes (3) loosely in aluminium foil.
- Place onto the BBQ, close the hood and cook for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, add butter (150g), walnuts (100g), maple syrup (2 Tbsp) and cinnamon (1/2 tsp) to bowl. Speed 8 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Process again Speed 8 / 6 seconds. Set aside.
- Once potatoes have finished cooking, carefully unwrap them slightly and top with a little butter and garnish with additional walnuts.