Sweet Potato Tuna Patties
These patties are a good option for those of you looking for a filling snack that you can have on hand in the fridge or easily pack in a lunchbox. Get a serve of veggies with the sweet potato and protein with the tuna and eggs. Yum!
This recipe was created by Bec as an adaptation of The Road to Loving My Thermomix’s 4 Ingredient Tuna Patties. Thanks Peta, for the inspiration!
These are regularly made in The 4 Blades household as they are filling and use only 4 nutritious ingredients – sweet potato, tuna, spring onion, egg. Sweet Potato Tuna Patties are great for lunch boxes and are a GREAT baby finger food. You can tailor them to your preferred tastes by squeezing some lemon juice over them, sprinkling some garlic granules / paprika – the choice is yours!
It was featured in Episode 37 of the podcast: Four Ingredient Thermomix Recipes.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I tried them with a bit of leftover salad and they were really yummy. Great change to the usual meat and salad." - Sherrie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen, but best kept in the fridge and consumed within a few days
- water - 500g
- sweet potato - 550g, peeled and diced
- spring onion - 1
- tuna - 425g tin, drained
- eggs - 2
- lemon - 1/2, juice only, approx. 20g
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Possible toppings:
- lemon juice
- garlic granules - (our fave!)
- cayenne pepper
- fresh chives
- Fill bowl with water (500g).
- Put the sweet potato (550g) in the internal steaming basket and set the basket in place. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Remove basket. Drain sweet potato and remove water from the bowl. Dry bowl.
- Add spring onion (1) to bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the cooked sweet potato, drained tuna (425g tin), eggs (2), lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), salt (1 tsp) and garlic powder (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 7, using your spatula to keep the mixture moving, until the mixture is smooth. This will be approximately 15-20 seconds.
- Make patties by pressing mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased silicone muffin tin. If you don't have one of these, just make patty shapes and put them on a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle your choice of flavourings on top, e.g., a sprinkle of cheese, some lemon juice and a sprinkle of dried garlic granules or some cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool.