Sweet Potato, Lentil and Coconut Curry with Cauliflower Rice
This curry has been contributed by Robyn from Mrs D plus 3. It uses readily accessible ingredients, but doesn't skimp on taste. It's a great healthy option for the whole family. We have calculated the cauliflower rice into the costings of this recipe, as pictured, but you can choose to use standard rice if you prefer.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is very slim on cost, it freezes well and I thoroughly enjoyed eating it. This will be a regular for us." - Jane
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Can be frozen
- onion - 1
- garlic cloves - 2
- oil - 1 Tbsp
- curry powder - 1 heaped tsp
- sweet potatoes - 600g, in 1cm cubes
- coconut cream - 400ml tin (or milk)
- vegetable stock - 1 Tbsp (or chicken) stock paste
- lentils - 420g tin, brown, drained
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, chopped
- rice malt syrup - 1 tsp, or honey, optional
- cauliflower - head, broken into florets
- water - 1200g
- Add the onion (1) and garlic (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (1 Tbsp) and curry powder (1 tsp). Program 3:30 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the sweet potatoes (600g), coconut cream (400ml) and stock paste (1 Tbsp). Program 12 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the lentils (420g), tomatoes (400g) and honey (1 tsp). Program 15 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed, or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Transfer to a serving dish whilst you cook your rice.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower into chunks with a knife, removing the leaves and stalk.
- Place a third of the cauliflower into your mixer bowl and Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Tip it into the internal steaming basket.
- Repeat until all the cauliflower looks like rice and is sitting in the basket.
- Add the water, and coconut milk if desired, to the bowl (total liquid 1200g) and insert the basket holding the cauliflower into the bowl.
- Program 15 minutes / 110C* / Speed 4, measuring cap on.
- Let it drain for a couple of minutes and them serve it up with your delicious curry.