Sweet Potato Hash
You know how hash browns are completely delicious but quite, well, finicky? Here is a great alternative that you can blitz up in no time at all. Delicious. Healthy. Filling. All the things you want in a snack! We love serving it with eggs or avocado. It makes a HEAP so you can use it to feed a crowd or pop it in the fridge and snack on it throughout the week.
This recipe was originally featured on Episode 141 of the podcast.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Oh My. Do yourself a favour and give this a go. I did it for breakfast one morning and my kids even came out of their rooms asking what was for breakfast as it smelt YUM and they loved it (not bad for 2 kids that aren't overly fond of sweet potato!)" - Terri
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10-20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- fresh rosemary - 3-5 stalks, leaves only
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- butter - 25g (*use olive oil for DF)
- sweet potato - 600g, roughly chopped
- salt flakes - 1-2 tsp
- Place rosemary leaves (from 3-5 stalks) and garlic cloves (2) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (25g), sweet potato (600g) and salt (1-2 tsp) to the bowl. Process Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Heat a large frying pan over a hot heat.
- Pour the mixture into the hot pan. Depending on the size of your pan you may need to do two batches. Set a stop watch counting upwards.
- Leave for one minute. Stir well. Sit for another minute. Stir well. Leave for another minute. Continue until you reach 10 minutes on the stopwatch.