Sweet Potato Fritters
These quick and easy fritters make excellent party food for little ones and adults alike. For little ones you can chop into quarters, or just serve as is! For adults, you can add additional seasonings, or even serve with smoked salmon, sour cream and chives. Use a grater or mandolin slicer to get perfect little strands of sweet potato for this recipe.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Yum! You may think... why use a grater when I have a thermo mixer??? In fact, using a grater creates strands of sweet potato you can't get in the thermo mixer, but the thermo mixer combines it together much more efficiently than you would by hand. We cooked these on the BBQ and they were delicious!" - Joe
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 10 fritters
Can be frozen
- spring onions - 2, roughly chopped
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp
- egg - 1
- plain flour - 10g (*can use GF)
- sweet potato - 1 small, peeled and grated
- oil - drizzle
- Place spring onion (2) and parsley (2 Tbsp) into bowl. Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down. Repeat.
- Add egg (1), flour (10g) and sweet potato (1) to bowl. Reverse+Speed 3 until mixed.
- Remove bowl from base. Using the spatula, mix to ensure the fritter batter is well combined.
- Place a drizzle of oil into a frying pan over medium heat.
- Using your tongs, place a tablespoon worth of mixture into the pan. Flatten so it is a nice thin fritter. Repeat until you have 4 or 5 in the pan.
- Cook for 8 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 6 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Drain on paper towel. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the remaining batter.
Note: If serving these to adults you may wish to add additional seasonings.