- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Sweet Potato Chickpea Burgers
These super healthy sweet potato chickpea burgers are perfect for dinner with the kids. You can make mini versions and have them without the bun if you want it to be extra healthy. You can fry them and then freeze them afterward. Reheat in the oven when needed.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Flip up your traditional beef patty recipe with this veggie alternative and surprise your tastebuds! Super easy to make and quick to serve." - Claire K.
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 15 patties
Can be frozen
- sweet potato - 400g, peeled and in small chunks
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- chickpeas - 400g, tinned, drained and rinsed
- egg - 1
- plain flour - 50g (*can use GF)
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, ground
- dried oregano - 1/2 tsp
- salt - pinch,
- pepper - pinch, black, ground
- sunflower oil - 100g, for frying
- buns - burger, to serve, optional (*can omit or use GF)
- Place the sweet potato (400g) and onion (1) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the drained chickpeas (from a 400g tin), egg (1), flour (50g), coriander(1 tsp), oregano (1/2 tsp), salt (pinch) and pepper (pinch) to the bowl. Combine Speed 7 / 10 seconds. If the mixture is too wet, add a little more flour.
- Heat the oil (100g) in a large frying pan and place 2 Tbsp of the mixture in the pan to fry. Shape the patties slightly. Fry 4 minutes on each side.
- Place on a burger bun and serve immediately.