Sweet Potato, Blue Cheese and Rocket Pasta Salad
This is the salad to take to your next BBQ or lunch with friends. It is jam-packed full of flavour and texture, yet it is so incredibly easy and uses just 5 ingredients, and 5 fairly common ingredients at that!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The salad was very easy to make, and the orange added an extra surprise flavour." - Jodie
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- pasta - 300g, fartalle / bow tie (*can use GF)
- water* - 500g, hot tap
- sweet potato - 300g, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- orange - 1, zest and juice only
- rocket - 60g
- blue cheese - 80-120g, crumbled
- Boil a large saucepan full of water. While it is boiling, you can continue on with Step 2.
- Add hot tap water (500g) to the bowl and close the lid.
- Place a wet, scrunched up piece of baking paper into the lower dish of the steaming attachment.
- Place sweet potato cubes (300g) into the steaming attachment. Set the steaming attachment in place.
- Pour the orange juice (from 1 orange) and orange zest (from 1 orange) over the sweet potato cubes. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix with a spatula to combine. Program 22 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Cook pasta (300g) according to packet directions. Drain and set aside in your serving dish.
- Add the rocket (60g) to the pasta in the serving dish.
- Carefully remove the steaming attachment, then remove the lid and carefully pour the orange juice and steamed sweet potato into the serving dish. Mix carefully to combine.
- Sprinkle blue cheese (80-120g) over the top and serve.
*Water, salt and pepper are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp honey and 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard over the sweet potato in Step 5.
- Drizzle a little good quality olive oil and lemon juice over the salad before serving.