Sweet Potato and Zucchini Soup
Sweet potato and zucchini are staple ingredients that you will likely have in your kitchen, but not vegetables that you would usually think to pair together. This soup will show you how easy it is to make a cost effective and nutritious dinner with these simple vegetables.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a tasty soup that is very easy to make with ingredients I always have on hand. Great on a cold winter's day." - Lesley
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- sweet potato - 500g, peeled and roughly chopped
- zucchini - 200g, roughly chopped
- dried thyme - 1.5 Tbsp
- vegetable stock - 1.2L, good quality, liquid
- Place the onion (1), sweet potato (500g) and zucchini (200g) into the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 4 seconds.
- Add thyme (1.5 Tbsp) and stock (1.2L) to the bowl. Never fill above the maximum volume line of your machine, even if you haven't added all the stock. Season well with salt and pepper. Program 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. Place internal steaming basket on top to prevent spatters.
- Gradually increase speed to Speed 8 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on. Please read your machine’s user manual for the correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
*Salt and pepper are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves in Step 1.