Sweet Potato and Pear Soup
Sweet potato and pear are such a good match. This is a slightly sweeter soup than what you may be used to, but it's so delicious we are sure this will be a new favourite. This is a perfect starter to any dinner party, especially if followed by white meat.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The subtle hint of pear gives a slight sweetness, and the crunch and saltiness of the prosciutto makes a very delicious soup. I loved it." - Lesley
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- butter - 20g, or oil (*use oil for DF)
- sweet potato - 500g, peeled and cubed
- potatoes - 100g, peeled and cubed
- pears - 4, cored and quartered
- vegetable stock - 55g, paste
- water - 845g
- prosciutto - 2 slices
- Place onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add the sweet potato (500g), potato (100g) and pears (4) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add stock paste (55g) and water (845g) to the bowl. Do not go over the fill line. Program 30 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Slowly increase speed to Speed 6 / 20 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Cook prosciutto (2 slices) on a hot frying pan until very crispy. Drain on paper towel. Break into large pieces.
- Serve soup with prosciutto pieces over the top.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.