Sweet Potato and Cracked Pepper Soup
We think you will find that this sweet potato soup is such a delicious change from the traditional pumpkin soup that everyone adores. Just like pumpkin soup, this has a nice sweet flavour to it with a hint of cracked pepper.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I wasn't sure what this soup would be like as I'venever made a sweet potato soup, but this tastes great and is nice for something different." - Summah
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- butter - 20g, or oil
- sweet potato - 900g, cubed
- carrots - 2, large, roughly chopped
- chicken stock - 1L, or vegetable stock, or more for a thinner soup
- pepper - 1/2 Tbsp, black, cracked
- salt - to taste
- Place onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) in bowl and chop Speed 7 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (20g) and heat 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1.
- Add sweet potato (900g) and carrots to the bowl. Speed 8 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the stock (1L) and pepper (1/2 Tbsp) to bowl. Cook for 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. Place internal steaming basket on top to prevent splatters.
- Once cooked, slowly increase speed to Speed 6 / 30 seconds. Season well with salt if needed. Please read your machine's user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Serve with a crack of fresh pepper over the top and alongside fresh bread rolls and butter
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.