Sweet Curried Sausages and Paprika Rice
Curried sausages is a traditional family favourite. It is made even easier when cooked in your thermo mixer. This is a kid friendly version with a hint of sweetness. For a change of pace, try using the Malaysian Meat Curry Powder in lieu of standard store bought curry powder.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- carrot - 1, roughly chopped
- apple - 1, peeled, cored and quartered
- coconut oil - 1 Tbsp
- curry powder - 1 Tbsp
- paprika - 1 tsp, sweet
- turmeric - 1 tsp, ground
- tomatoes - 800g, fresh, small dice
- green tomato pickles - 3 Tbsp, or sweet chutney of choice
- sausages - 10, beef
- dried coriander - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika rice:
- water - 800g, hot
- paprika - 2 tsp, sweet
- white rice - 400g, basmati or jasmine
- Place onion (1), carrot (1) and apple (1) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add coconut oil (1 Tbsp), curry powder (1 Tbsp), paprika (1 tsp) and turmeric (1 tsp) to bowl. Program 4 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add the tomatoes (800g) and green tomato pickles (3 Tbsp) to bowl.
- Place sausages into the steaming attachment lower dish and upper tray. Leave plenty of room between each to allow steam to move through. Program 18 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove sauce and sausages. Peel skin from the sausages and discard. Slice sausages.
- Place sausages and sauce into an insulated server along with the coriander (1 Tbsp) to keep warm and allow the flavours to develop slightly.
- There is no need to wash the bowl out. Add the water (800g) and paprika (2 tsp) to the bowl.
- Add the rice (400g) to the internal steaming basket and rinse well. Place into bowl and cook the rice at 24 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- Serve with curried sausage mix.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.