Sweet & Creamy Thick Shake
When you feel like a thick shake, forget loading up with a tonne of sugar and artificial flavours. This sweet and creamy thick shake has been shared with us by Monica Falconer from Mixing with Monica, and it has a secret ingredient– sweet potato! If you want to add some more veggies to your diet, this one is for you. Set aside some of the steamed sweet potato from dinner the nightbefore and for breakfast you can have a deliciously healthy thick shake, ready to go!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It tastes so nice! It's like you are having a sweet exotic drink on a tropical island for breakfast." - Alana A.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 12 minutes + sweet potato steaming time
Cannot be frozen
- sweet potato - 200g, peeled, roughly chopped, steamed and chilled (or approx. 165g raw weight)
- milk of choice - 350g (450g if not adding yoghurt)
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
- cardamom - pinch
- vanilla - 10g, extract
- coconut yoghurt - 125, optional
- ice cubes - optional
- If you need to steam your sweet potato, add raw cubed sweet potato (165g, or more if you would like to have some extra on hand!) to the internal steaming basket. Add warm water (500g) to the bowl then set the steaming basket in place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, measuring cap on. Set aside and cool completely.
- Add the steamed and cooled sweet potato (200g), milk (350g), cinnamon (1/2 tsp), cardamom (pinch), vanilla (10g) and yoghurt (125g) to the bowl. For a frosty thick shake you can also add a handful of ice cubes. Program 1 minute / Speed 9.
- Serve in 2 glasses.